Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Luckier than the Irish

Our little Cora is growing right before our eyes. She was 16.4 lbs and 27 inches at her 6 month check-up. She’s eating more and more “solid” foods and less and less mother’s milk. She uses rolling as her primary (solo) form of transportation. She can sit unassisted for a few seconds before falling over. She’s incessantly jabbering and reaching for things. I constantly have to pull things from her hands. I now see the world through a “potential choking hazard” lens. She can splash a lot of water these days--she’s graduated from the kitchen sink to the bathtub for bath time.  And here she is on St. Patrick's Day sporting a cool outfit that is sure to make you smile.



Other milestones for the Bennett’s include moving into our new house. The 30 minute versus 5 minute commute to work has taken a little getting used to, but community and neighborhood are completely worth it. I can’t imagine a more ideal neighborhood for our growing family. A fence is going into the backyard this week, so the cats can rejoin us soon. Anyway, we LOVE our new place and can’t wait for more of our family and friends to come visit. We’ll post pictures soon I promise. Additionally, Daniel’s still working hard on his master’s degree through TN Tech University. It’s mostly a distance education program with the majority of classes online and few here in the Chattanooga area. He should be finished by December 2010!!! And I’m looking forward to my friends Cora’s aunties Becky, Brianne, and Hikari coming out for a visit in late May.

Life hasn’t slowed down, and I suspect this is the pace to which I must acclimate. But these days are so precious. I want to savor every single second of every day, but inevitably day turns to night before I’ve truly had a chance to appreciate it fully. All the while, I realize we are so fortunate. Please don’t pinch me because if this is a dream I don’t want to wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh my godness - could your baby be more cute?! She is so lovely :) :)

    Agnese

    ReplyDelete
  2. auntie brianne is so ready to meet the love of my life (cora) and see the new home. love you amanda!

    ReplyDelete