Monday, February 1, 2010

4 Month Check Up

Coming from a background of having pets and not babies, we mistakenly refer to Cora's pediatric appointments as "trips to the vet". I'm still not sure if we call her shots "vaccines". I think "immunizations" is more appropriate. Speaking of doctors and shots, Cora had her 4 month check-up today. She’s a whopping 13 lbs., 13 ozs. and 25.5 inches! From all accounts, she is perfect. Sure, I am biased, but the doctor (an expert) has confirmed it. She’s growing. She’s reaching all of the developmental milestones appropriate for her age. She is adorable. She’s thriving. This is such affirmation for us rookies. We must be pretty good at this parenting thing. Either that or our baby is impervious to our incompetence. It’s probably too soon to tell.

In addition to getting her new stats, she also got her shots/vaccines/immunizations. She took them like a champ. Daniel and I were in pieces. Soon enough she began cooing and smiling, so we were soothed. We even got the green light to start experimenting with some solid foods! Mama Mae has been waiting for this day for the past four months. Finally the girl can eat! Pictures to follow.

Among the other happenings, Cora got to enjoy her first, real snow. Here she is all bundled up.


The storm moved in just in time for me and Daniel to get off work a tad early on Friday. This gave me some time to catch up on some video making and blogging.
I continue to be overwhelmed by the immensity of how much I adore this baby. Sure there are moments when I feel like inquiring about Erlanger hospital's return policy, but the truth is, I wouldn't trade anything for this sweet, little bundle. She made me a mom and Daniel a dad, and for that I am eternally grateful. My hope is that we can make her proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment